Discover and analyze the emerging security technologies and trends that will reshape the security technology and business landscape
We're seeking a Sr. Principal Researcher to help discover and analyze the emerging security technologies and trends that will reshape the security technology and business landscape over the next three to ten years. We need a highly engaged, detail oriented and energetic professional who is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up type of atmosphere. This Principal Analyst will work with a strong team to discover insights and generate actionable business ideas that will influence how the world’s leading technology providers and startup companies formulate their emerging security technology and business strategies, build products and services, and bring them to market.
The Sr Principal Researcher supports the Emerging Technologies and Trends group within Gartner’s Technology and Service Provider practice. The mission of the group is to create a better world by accelerating the pace and impact of security and tech innovation. We do this by providing technology product leaders with unique, must-have and indispensable advice on how to capitalize on emerging technologies and trends to build more powerful and successful product offerings. We produce deliverables based on findings that have urgent implications for marketing and product leaders. Gartner's research is often cited in major news outlets including Forbes, Bloomberg, Harvard Business Review, The Washington Post, and The Economist, allowing our firm to extend our impact even further.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep understanding of how key technology providers are creating and evolving a specific set of emerging security and risk management technologies and how these technologies will impact existing technologies, and future businesses, ecosystems, markets and economies.
- Develop a deep understanding of how businesses throughout the world are adopting a specific set of emerging technologies and trends.
- Interview technology providers and technology users to generate case-based research and seek out the key factors that influence the evolution and adoption of emerging technologies and trends.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to recognize patterns, draw conclusions and formulate positions on how the technologies or trends will or could evolve and impact the business world over time.
- Generate charts, tables, and other data visualizations to illustrate findings from qualitative and quantitative data.
- Work with a talented team of analysts to craft and publish clear, insight-driven content that helps technology product leaders make critical business decisions on how to factor emerging technologies and trends into the advancement of their products and services.
- Present the findings, positions and recommendations from your research to clients via telephone and face to face interactions with the potential for stage presentations at Gartner conferences.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by providing guidance and support to colleagues throughout the quantitative and qualitative research process, especially analytic approach and execution, interpretation and synthesis of findings, reporting of findings, development of insights, formation of actionable recommendations, and deliverable creation
- Forge relationships with researchers and analysts within other parts of Gartner to understand their research, leverage their expertise and provide added value to their research.
Who You Are
- Master's Degree
- 7-9 years of post-undergraduate research experience desirable
- Experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research collecting and utilizing qualitative analysis
- Strong analytical and writing skills with experience creating graphical representations of data
- Advanced capabilities with spreadsheet applications and other data analytics tools
- A curiosity and passion for emerging technologies with a keen ability to spot patterns ahead of the curve
- High proficiency in distilling large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data into important insights relevant to technology product leaders (CPO, Product Managers, Product Marketers and start-up CEOs).
- Ability to synthesize diverse ideas and multiple data points to tell a compelling story
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team while meeting deadlines
- A collaborative spirit that welcomes and provides feedback and edits from/to a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in Security Information and Event Management, Security Operations and Analytics is required.
- Experience in security technologies, compliance and cloud is desirable
- Advanced degree in a research relevant area of study or equivalent departmental research experience
- Experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders
- Experience in a technology or service provider that was pursuing an emerging technology
What We Offer
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on the job learning
- A great work culture
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries .