19 January 2022 | News
The trends follow, tech innovations academia, focus on rare diseases etc
Image Credit: Shutterstock
IQVIA has come up with the key trends that emerging biotech and emerging biopharma companies should look out for in 2022. In May 2021, IQVIA announced Japan and the Asia Pacific (JAPAC) expansion of IQVIA Biotech, a tailored approach to delivering integrated clinical and commercial solutions for biotech and emerging biopharma companies.
Besides, the Asia Pacific region is an increasingly critical location for clinical trials, 2021 has been a significant year for the emerging biotech and emerging biopharma industry with COVID-19 being a catalyst for growth and diversification.
The trends are:
1. Increasing focus on rare diseases and oncology
2. Partnerships with academia for asset selection and early clinical development
3. Machine learning to identify potential drug candidates
4. Emergence of molecule to market
5. Advancement of tech-enabled clinical trials
6. Insourcing of technologies