IFF is seeking a result driven individual to join IFF Manufacturing team as Improvement Engineer. This role is based out of Rayong, Thailand and will report to the Global Improvement Leader
Apply Now !
Are you inspired to contribute your expertise to a global leader in food, beverage, health, biosciences and sensorial experiences?
IFF is seeking a result driven individual to join IFF Manufacturing team as Improvement Engineer. This role is based out of Rayong, Thailand and will report to the Global Improvement Leader.
As Manufacturing Technology Improvement Engineer, you will be part of a global team driving and supporting improvement initiatives in the Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC) network within the Pharma Solutions (PhS) Business Unit. You will also be involved in network and initiatives in support of the commercial function.
The MCC network consists of three production facilities in Delaware, Ireland and Thailand.
How You Will Contribute
- Develop & drive improvement initiatives and metrics at the site and, across the network as appropriate.
- Act as a key contact point for process technology problems at the site.
- Execute process safety Dust & Process Hazard Analysis and lead implementation of required follow up.
- Identify, develop and execute medium to longer term, non-Capex projects for productivity (cost and capacity), yield, quality, and sustainability improvement.
- Execute early Front-End Loading (FEL) activity on appropriate Capex projects (Grow and Improve, Quality Improvement, etc.) to include business case and scope development. Support detailed design, lead commissioning and start-up activities, return to operations as appropriate.
- Develop and own site mass balances and models to understand yield improvement and debottlenecking opportunities.
- Lead root cause analysis and corrective actions to address longer term production issues.
- Work with MCC Technology Guardian to support process technology development.
- Work with the process Research and Development group to complete raw material & technology trials, new product scale up and execute design of experiments.
- Regular liaison with Improvement Engineers and Production Engineer at sister sites to leverage knowledge and experience on issue resolution and improvement activity.
- Mining and modelling process data to identify trends & changes, causes of variation, opportunities for improvement.
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing and engineering, preferably in Operations or Technology role.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English language.
- Statistical Modelling & Data Visualization Ability (hypothesis testing, regression, classification, modelling, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- VBA, Python, discrete (e.g. FlexSim), etc. modelling ability preferred.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt training preferred.
- Root cause corrective action mindset and desire to drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to find non-Capex, low cost solutions to generate plant improvement in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Ability to develop project plans, lead project teams, deal with ambiguity and manage competing priorities.
- Interest in technology improvements and why and how things work.
- Ability to see big picture and think longer term.
- Ability to work across multiple functions within a site and the network at multiple levels of the organization including on Digital Improvement initiatives with the Continuous Improvement organization.
- Ability to drive through barriers and resistance to progress projects and improvement initiatives.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort around senior leadership.
At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status.
Apply Now !