Updated on 15 January 2013
· SAR245408 (XL 147, partnership with Exelixis): The phase II trial in endometrial cancer has been discontinued. The study did not demonstrate sufficient clinical benefit to pursue late-stage trials in this indication. SAR245408 is being examined in an ongoing phase II trial in combination with letrozole in breast cancer and in combination with SAR256212 in a phase I trial.
Key development milestones expected in the next six months
· Eliglustat: Phase III results of the Encore study evaluating the oral therapy eliglustat vs Cerezyme in patients with Gaucher disease are expected in Q1 2013.
· Otamixaban: Phase III results of the TAO study evaluating otamixaban, the first intravenous direct and selective factor Xa inhibitor with quick onset/offset, are expected in Q2 2013.
· SAR302503: Headline results from the phase III Jakarta study in myelofibrosis are expected in Q2 2013.
· New glargine formulation: The first phase III headline results in diabetes are expected in Q2 2013.