Updated on 20 November 2012
3) The government requires the ethics committees to meet as frequently as needed to achieve best-practice timeliness.
4) The government should establish comprehensive standardized operating procedures for Health and Disability Ethics Committees to ensure consistency in decision-making within and between ethics committees.
5) The government should establish appropriate and sustainable infrastructure to support clinical trials.
6) The government should encourage clinicians to undertake clinical research through incentives or funding, and make provision for them to receive incentives similar to those available to university researchers.
7) The government should implement a system of electronic submissions of clinical trial applications to make the application process more efficient, within 12 months of this report being presented.